Aquitaine is a French country located in southwest France. Aquitaine is playable from 555 to 768; from 781 to 849, and from 866 to October 6th, 877. On October 6th, 877, Aquitaine is annexed by West Francia.
- Primary Culture is:
- In the French Culture Group or
- Is Basque or
- Is Breton
- Is not:
- France does not exist
- Administrative Technology of at least 32
- Is not a nomad nation
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a colonial nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Provinces: Maine (177), Berry (179), Vermandois (182), Paris (183), Orleanais (184), Nemours (185), Champagne (186)
- Country changes to France
- Gain French Ideas and Traditions
- Gain permanent claim on the regions of Gallia, Aquitania, and Occitania.
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor, leave the empire.
- Gain 25 Prestige.
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
French Ducal Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -10% Fort Maintenance Modifier
- -10% Cavalry Cost
- Men of Trade: +10% Domestic Trade Power
- Renaissance Palaces: -1% Prestige Decay
- Qui Ruit Et Lethum: +10% Infantry Combat Ability
- Religious Conviction: +2 Tolerance of the True Faith
- French Cuisine: +1 Yearly Prestige
- French Enlightenment: +1 Diplomatic Relations
- La Petite Nation: +20% Morale of Armies
- +10% National Tax Modifier