General Information Edit
Aztec is a Mesoamerican Kingdom located in central Mexico. The Aztecs generally tend to be the most dominant and influential power in pre-Columbian Central America. The Aztecs are playable from 1250 to August 13, 1521, where the Aztecs are annexed by Spain.
- A good strategy for any Nahuatl nation is to stay around 5-7 provinces to keep DOOM down. As you take vassals, keep your military at or above force limit to keep vassals from declaring independence. After the first vassal, use this time to sacrifice their leader, due to the penalty adding +25% Liberty Desire. After the fifth vassal, do so again while paused, then select an aspect of your religion. Doing so will reduce the chance of independence declarations while being efficient with your doom counter.
- You can EASILY reform your religion without gaining territory. If you feel the need to gain a province or to, take it from your most powerful neighbor, as to cripple them in future wars.
- This nation has a terribly large stigma due to its play-style being nearly the opposite from most popular choices of nations. This nation is not difficult as long as you keep a solid ally or two, and keep your province count low until you reform your religion.
Aztec Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +10% Infantry Combat Ability
- -10% Idea Cost
- Flowers Wars: -10% Cost of Reducing War Exhaustion
- Sustaining the Gods: +1 Yearly Legitimacy
- Telpochacalli: +10% Manpower Recovery Speed
- Eagles and Jaguars: +10% Morale of Armies
- Imperial Tribute: +10% National Tax Modifier
- Floating Gardens: +10% Production Efficiency
- Pochtecayotl: +20% Spy Network Construction
- +25% National Manpower Modifier