Brabant is a country in the Lowlands that is playable from 862 to January 5 1477. On January 5th 1477, Brabant, along with the other Dutch states, united to form the Netherlands.
Brabant has a very similar strategy to Holland's as well as Flanders', and that is to do a few things: Break free from Burgundy (if you start under a PU with them), conquer all provinces in the English Channel trade node, form the Netherlands, and to colonize the New World.
- This country:
- Primary Culture is Dutch or
- Primary Culture is Flemish or
- Is Burgundy
- Is not:
- Netherlands does not exist
- Administrative Technology is at least 55
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a nomad nation
- At peace
- Owns core provinces: Breda (95), Zeeland (96), Holland (97), Utrecht (98), Gelre (99), Friesland (100)
- Country changes to Netherlands
- If Burgundy, then:
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor, all provinces are removed from the Empire.
- Gain gain a permanent claim on the Low Countries and Picardy regions.
- Gain 25 prestige.
- Trigger country event "New Traditions & Ambitions" unless using custom ideas
Brabant Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +10% National Manpower Modifier
- +5% Goods Produced Modifier
- Walled Cities: +10% Fort Defense & +5% National Tax Modifier
- Armies of Brabant: +5% Morale of Armies
- Trade City of Breda: +10% Global Trade Modifier
- Brabant Architecture: +1 Yearly Prestige
- Cloth Halls: +10% Trade Efficiency
- Leuven University: -5% Technology Cost
- Joyous Charter: +1 Yearly Legitimacy
- -10% Stability Cost Modifier