The Confederate States of America, or CSA, is a playable country from December 20th, 1860 to May 5th 1865. The CSA is a rebellion and starts at war with the United States. The CSA want to preserve southern traditions and keep slavery legal. They fear with the election of Abraham Lincoln that their way of life is threatened. The believe that it is not in their best interests to stay with the Union and so they secede. The United States sees this as illegal and declares a reconquest war to retake its former territory.
There are many goals that can be set for the CSA but a small, but hard one, is take over the Mainland USA (as well as retaining all North American provinces).
The first step is fully gaining independence from the USA. After enlisting the help of Robert E. Lee combine all troops and slowly take out minor American armies, however, it should be noted try not to engage the U.S. Grant-led army as you could suffer heavy losses. After taking a couple provinces and stack-wiping little armies your war score should be on the up tick and the length of war modifier that the United States has will slowly tick down. After white peace (or taking a few things) you are finally free of the United States' control.
After raising your Army and Navy to your force limit, set your sights on the Caribbean. Many colonies will be at high independence desire at the start of the bookmark so wait until many colonies are free of their overlord before attacking them. It should be noted the English West Indies independence desire does not tick up very often.
After slowly taking Caribbean provinces enlist as many troops and look to Mexico for more land. Mexico AI likes to keep their troops in stacks of 60 and not move unless they are A) sieging Mexican cores or B) sieging occupied provinces. Like many EU4 games, the hardest war against a country is the first and by 1950 you can have all Mexican lands.
After taking Mexico expand into the rest of Central America and get Army Tradition up to get 3- star generals. After you are getting 3-star generals with ease (with ~100K troops) start taking USA provinces. Depending how many allies the United States has (If the United States is allied with Russia and will be called into war, then it is not in your favor to go to war) and how much land you like taking at one point you should be able to conquer the USA eventually.
The New United States (Form United States)Edit
- Is the Confederate States
- United States does not exist
- Owns core provinces: Maryland (953), James River (952), New York (965), and Massachusetts (968)
- Country changes to United States
- Gain 100 Prestige
- James River (Richmond) gains 1 Base Tax
Form Confederate States Edit
- Confederate States does not exist
- Capital is a core in Colonial Eastern America
- Owns Core Provinces: Choctaw (920), Alabama (924), Yamasee (930)
- Is former colonial nation
- Is not a subject nation
- At Peace
- Country changes to Confederate States
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
Confederate Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -1 National Unrest
- +10% Goods Produced Modifier
- +20% Morale of Armies
- +10% Discipline
- +20% Manpower Recovery Speed
- +0.5 Yearly Republican Tradition
- +20% National Manpower Modifier
- +10% National Tax Modifier
- +10% Cavalry Combat Ability