General Information Edit
Despite early struggles with decentralization, France quickly rises to become a dominant power in Europe, often setting its sights on expanding into Holy Roman Empire provinces and getting away with it. However, France's power fades with the end of imperialism and the rise of unified Germany and Italy, making the modern starts more difficult if one wishes to expand.
In old version of the mod, due to a bug, the revolutionary flag wouldn't have been the Vanilla tricolor, but a strange yellow-white-yellow combination . To resolve it, you had to delete
Rise of the Ottomans (1444 Start)Edit
When playing as France, your main strategy should be one of defensive unification. The player should aim to unify the smaller states of France under one singular cosmopolitan state, this can be achieved through peaceful or violent means. By the time France is unified, land such as Bordeaux and Calais should be reclaimed from England so as to increase your trade power in the English channel and the Basque area of France.
Further Expansion Edit
As France, further expansion should be made against rival Catholic nations who pose a significant threat towards you; Castile and Aragon are both good places to start within your conquest to eliminate any opposition.
If you wish to retain strong links with your Catholic neighbors, then you may favor a more adventurous and long term plan for expansion. As France there is always a possibility to invade the smaller and largely insignificant states of the Southern Mediterranean. Countries like Savoy, Milan, Siena, and Genoa are rich targets that you should go after once they leave the Holy Roman Empire. From the north of Italy, you have a firm FOA (Forward Operating Area) to press a swift attack south towards Naples. Once Italy has been annexed, you have several options:
1. Attack and conquer North Africa.
3. Invade the Greek Isles through Albania.
All of the above, are viable options for your next plan of expansion and will further your capabilities in Central Europe.
Form French NationEdit
- Primary Culture is:
- In the French Culture Group or
- Is Basque or
- Is Breton
- Is not:
- France does not exist
- France does not exist
- Administrative Technology of at least 32
- Is not a nomad nation
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a colonial nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Provinces: Maine, Berry, Vermandois, Paris, Orleanais, Nemours, and Champagne
- Country changes to France
- France gains permanent claim on the regions of Gallia, Aquitania, and Occitania.
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier.
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor, all own provinces are removed from the Empire.
- Gain 25 Prestige.
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
French Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +20% National Manpower Modifier
- +1 Diplomatic Reputation
- French Language in all Courts: +15% Income from Vassals & -10% Diplomatic Annexation Cost
- Elan!: +20% Morale of Armies
- Estates General: +10% National Tax Modifier
- Native Trading Principles: Native attacks are severely reduced & tax and manpower from natives is increased by 100%
- Vauban Fortifications: +30% Fort Defense
- The Philosophes: -10% Technology Cost
- Liberté, Égalité, Fraternité: +2 Tolerance of Heretics & +2 Tolerance of Heathens
- +5% Discipline