Friesland is a Dutch country that is playable from January 1, 1061 to February 23, 1473, and from 1477 to 1498, where Friesland is annexed by Saxony.
From whatever starting year you pick, your main goal as Holland is to eventually form the Netherlands. In the 1444 start, you are going to want to break away from Burgundy when the time is right. If the Burgundians begin to get beat down in a war with France for example, that would be your time to declare a war for independence. As for idea groups, Exploration and Trade ideas are going to be by far the best choices for Holland due to your geographical location being in the English Channel trade node, as well as being closer to the New World than other European colonizers to the east.
- This country:
- Primary Culture is Dutch or
- Primary Culture is Flemish or
- Is Burgundy
- Is not:
- Netherlands does not exist
- Administrative Technology is at least 55
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a nomad nation
- At peace
- Owns core provinces: Breda (95), Zeeland (96), Holland (97), Utrecht (98), Gelre (99), Friesland (100)
- Country changes to Netherlands
- If Burgundy, then:
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor, all provinces are removed from the Empire.
- Gain gain a permanent claim on the Low Countries and Picardy regions.
- Gain 25 prestige.
- Trigger country event "New Traditions & Ambitions" unless using custom ideas
Frisian Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +10% Global Trade Power
- -2% Prestige Decay
- Grutte Piet: +15% Light Ship Combat Ability
- Eallju: -10% Stability Cost Modifier
- Eala Frya Fresena: +1 Yearly Republican Tradition
- Opstalboom League: +10% Global Trade Power
- Tritich Grietenije: +10% National Tax Modifier
- Fryske Sceattas: +0.10 Yearly Inflation Reduction
- Slack oan de Boarn: +15% Infantry Combat Ability
- +5% Recover Army Morale Speed