Basic Information Edit
Genoa is an Italian Merchant Republic in northwest Italy, with colonies throughout the Mediterranean and the Black Sea. Genoa is playable for almost a millennium, being annexed by France on June 10th 1805. Despite this, Genoa later falls back into Italian hands, but not as an independent state, but instead as the Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont.
Form Italian Nation Edit
- Is in the Latin Culture Group
- Is not:
- Administrative Technology at least 10
- Does not exist:
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a colonial nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Provinces: Genoa, Milan, Modena, Verona, Mantua, Firenze, Siena, Roma, and Ancona
- Country Changes to Italy
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor
- Leave the HRE
- Emperor receives event Italy breaks out of the Empire.
- Emperor receives the opinion modifier Left the Holy Roman Empire towards Italy, worth -150.
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim on the Italian Region
- Get the event New Traditions & Ambitions.
Genoese Ideas and TraditionsEdit
- +10% Trade Efficiency
- -1 Interest Per Annum
- Reuniting the Nation: -10% Stability Cost Modifier & -10% Cost to Justify Trade Conflict
- Lessons of Chioggia: +20% Morale of Navies
- Rebuilding Genoese Trade: +10% Trade Power Abroad & +10% National Sailors Modifier
- Build the Genoese Arsenal: -33% Galley Cost
- Overhaul the Bureaucracy: +10% National Tax Modifier
- Setup the Office of the Grand Admiral: +25% Naval Force Limit Modifier
- Standardization of Designs: -10% Shipbuilding Time
- −20% Naval Maintenance Modifier
Update 1.12/1.13 Edit
- Genoa gets an extra province (Albenga).
- Genoa has more income now with the new development system.
- Easier to convert your provinces now with the new development system.
- Genoa Trade Node is now a End-Node.
- Genoa has a new primary culture (Ligurian). *Because now neighboring provinces are in the same culture group and won't be accepted
- Split between Greek and Pontic culture.