General Information Edit
Goguryeo is a Korean Kingdom that is located in northeast Korea and southeast Manchuria. Goguryeo is playable from 2 to 698, and from 901 to 918. In 918, Goguryeo is annexed by Korea.
Whatever starting time you choose (don't chose 2AD unless you know what you are doing, china is WAY too op at this time), your primary focus in the beginning is the small korean countries around you. as Goguryeo you are the strongest among them by a large margin, however if a few get alliences with the smaller chinese states it gets trickier as you can only barely match a smaller Yan or Dai sized state. best case scenario is if the bigger korean states ally with the smaller OPMs or TPMs.
if Buyeo didn't start annexed by you, go for it first as its prone to be gobbled up by Rouran. then annex Baekjae and Silla. when you do, you can form korea proper and get claims for the entire penninsula, so mop up the OPMs next.
after that you have to major paths to take: conquering japan via invading Nagoku, or taking on the smaller chinese states that you can now fight evenly with. whatever you do, you need to bulk up enough so that you can fight off invasions by the chinese emperor himself. this usually requires either all of japan+korea+manchuria or korea+manchuria+rouran lands.
- Primary Culture is Korean
- Korea does not exist
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a steppe nomad
- At peace
- Owns core provinces: Cheongju (1013), Hanseong (735), Gyeongju (736), Jeonju (737), Hwangju (733)
- Country changes to Korea
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim to the Korea region
- Trigger country event New Traditions & Ambitions
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
Goguryeo Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -10% Administrative Technology Cost
- +2 Tolerance of the True Faith
- Tribal Subjugation: -0.05 Monthly Autonomy
- Jumong: +1 Yearly Legitimacy
- Battle Hardened Veterans: +10% Morale of Armies & +1 Yearly Army Tradition
- Foreign Affairs: +1 Diplomats
- Mountain Fortresses: +25% Fort Defense
- Outward Expansion: -25% Core-Creation Cost
- Frontier of Korean Civilisation: -10% Culture Conversion Cost
- +1 Diplomatic Reputation