General Information Edit
Great Britain (representing the United Kingdom in its various forms) is available to play from May 12 1707 to the present day. The country has a land size of 243,610 square kilometres. Historically, Great Britain was formed as a union between England (which de jure included Wales) and Scotland, due to Scottish debts from a failed colonization attempt. Great Britain's flag is England's flag overlaying a Scottish flag, showing the union and symbolizing England's leadership.
Great Britain colonized the new world and created a global empire spanning a fifth of the world's land and ruling a quarter of its population. Great Britain was the leading world power in the Victorian Era up until WWII when her economy was devastated, resulting in significant debt to Canada and the USA. Most of her overseas territory was returned to local governments between 1947 and 1963, with the British Empire finally ending in 1997 with the return of Hong Kong to China. In a referendum in 2015, people in Scotland voted to stay in the United Kingdom, but this was perhaps the biggest threat to the country's survival in recent times.
Great Britain Strategy Edit
On 23 June, 2016, The United Kingdom engaged a procedure to leave the European Union via a successful Brexit referendum (the procedure may in fact last up to two years, and Britain is still a part of the Council of Europe). Two great places to start expanding are Iceland who normally don't ally with anyone, and Namibia who can be friendly towards Angola who is a useless ally against a British army of 30K.
The player may desire to build up the British economy. A good way of doing this is to reclaim the English channel trade node power they lost by overtaking the Dutch. This can be done by attacking them and taking the land they own in the English trade node. However be careful. You don't want to go to war with the Netherlands if they are allied to someone such as France.
If you do not yet have enough admin points to boost stability, then go and reclaim the Islands in America or Africa that the British released Mauritius, Jamaica and Guyana are prime examples proving that there are plenty of options of expansion for the British.
If you get a foothold in Namibia you should consider attacking South Africa and Botswana next. South Africa usually gets decent alliances early game so attacking them directly would be a stupid move to make. Instead the player should consider declaring war on Botswana who are usually one of South Africa's many allies so that the war is only a 2-1 instead of a 6-1 in some cases.
Form British Nation Edit
- This country:
- Primary Culture is in the British Culture Group, Welsh, Highlander, Anglo-Saxon, or Briton
- Is not:
- Great Britain does not exist
- Administrative Technology is at least 55
- Is not a Subject Nation
- Is not a Nomad Nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core:
- London (236)
- Oxfordshire (237)
- Wessex (234)
- Lothian (248)
- Aberdeen (251)
- Country changes to Great Britain
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Gain permanent claim to the British Isles region
- If Duchy, then set government rank to Kingdom.
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor, all owned HRE provinces are removed from the empire.
- Capital moves to London (236)
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
English Ideas and Traditions Edit
Great Britain will have different ideas if formed by a country other than England.
- +20% Morale of Navies
- +33% Embargo Efficiency
- A Royal Navy: +10% Heavy Ship Combat Ability & +0.25% Yearly Navy Tradition
- The Eltham Ordinance: +15% National Tax Modifier
- Secretaries of State: +1 Diplomatic Relations
- The Navigation Acts: +10% Trade Efficiency
- English Bill of Rights: -1 National Unrest & +10% Global Tariff
- Reform of Commission Buying: +5% Discipline
- The Sick and Hurt Board: +10% Sailor Recovery Speed
- +1 Leader(s) Without Upkeep