General Information Edit
Odoacer's Roman Kingdom of Italy Edit
Italy is first playable from 476 to 493 after the Fall of the West Rome, under the first King of Italy, Flavius Odoacer. Interestingly enough, Odoacer's short lived Italian Kingdom is the only time where Italy has Roman as its primary culture.
Carolingian Italy Edit
Italy is later playable from 855 to 950 under Francia's Carolingian Dynasty (Dynasty of Charlemagne).
Napoleonic Italy Edit
Napoleon's Italy is playable from 1797 to 1805. Italy is a client state under France created by Emperor Napoleon Bonaparte. Under his Italy, you will receive an incredible amount of monarch points due to Napoleon's 6/4/6 rank, as well as his god-like 6/6/6/4 general stats.
Unified Italian Kingdom Edit
Italy had just been unified through the combined efforts of King Vittorio Emmanuele II's Kingdom of Sardinia-Piedmont in Northern Italy, and Giuseppe Garibaldi's Redshirts in Southern Italy. Emmanuele II's Kingdom of Italy is playable from 1861 to 1925.
Fascist Italy Edit
Benito Mussolini's Fascist Italy is playable from 1925 to 1943. Under Mussolini's rule, your government rank gets upgrade from Kingdom to Empire. When WWII starts in 1939, Italy does not get involved and stays neutral for about half a year. In 1940, Mussolini's Fascist Italy will join the Axis Powers together with Adolf Hitler's Nazi Germany against the Allies led by France, Great Britain, and Poland. In 1943, Mussolini's fascist government eventually fled to Northeast Italy when the Allies take over the bulk of Italy.
World War 2Edit
The Axis RouteEdit
If you wish to join WW2 on the side of The Axis, immediately get relations up with Germany in order to get an alliance. The Germans might even send you an alliance offer within the 1st week of WW2 because they need allies to help them with the war. Alternatively, you could fast forward to June 10, 1940, the date that Italy officially entered WW2. The French are very weak at that starting date so you should have no problem in finishing off the baguette
IMPORTANT NOTE: This Axis Route strategy will be based on the 1939 WW2 start, not the June 10, 1940 start.
The French CampaignEdit
Once in the war, move your regiments up towards the Savoy region. With your regiments stationed in the Alpine Mountains, France will take heavy casualties trying to defeat your soldiers. By splitting France's attention in half, Germany will be winning battles and gaining ground into France; fighting this two front war will be too much for France to handle. Once Paris falls to the Axis, it's over for France in Europe.
The North African CampaignEdit
- Is in the Latin Culture Group
- Is not:
- Administrative Technology at least 10
- Does not exist:
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a colonial nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Provinces: Genoa, Milan, Modena, Verona, Mantua, Firenze, Siena, Roma, and Ancona
- Country Changes to Italy
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor
- Leave the HRE
- Emperor receives event Italy breaks out of the Empire.
- Emperor receives the opinion modifier “Left the Holy Roman Empire” towards Italy, worth -150.
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim on the Italian Region
- Get the event New Traditions & Ambitions.
Italian Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +20% Global Trade Power
- +50% Better Relations Over Time
- Not a Geographical Construct: −10% Stability Cost modifier
- Mare Nostrum: -15% Galley Cost & +20% Galley Combat Ability
- The Office of Censor: +33% National Manpower Modifier
- Italian Tax Reform: +15% National Tax Modifier
- Heir to the Empire: +1 Yearly Prestige
- The Path to Citizenship: -25% Core-Creation Cost
- +20% Fort Defense