General Information Edit
In 1096, Pope Urban II called for a holy war upon the Muslim occupiers of Jerusalem, the Seljuks, and the nearby Fatimids. A band of knights, priests and peasants from Catholic countries such as France and England fought their way through the Middle East and established the Kingdom of Jerusalem in 1099.
It would prosper for another 100 years until being overrun by Salah Ad Din, i.e. Saladin's Ayyubid Sultanate in 1187. From then on Jerusalem existed in Sidon province as a shadow of its former glory.
In the game the Kingdom of Jerusalem falls to the Mamluks in 1291: with Europe tangled up in domestic affairs, no help was contributed to save the dying kingdom The death of the kingdom spelled the end of an era when Christianity thrived in Judea.
- Primary Culture is:
- In the French Culture Group or
- Is Basque or
- Is Breton
- Is not:
- France does not exist
- Administrative Technology of at least 32
- Is not a nomad nation
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a colonial nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Provinces: Maine, Berry, Vermandois, Paris, Orleanais, Nemours, and Champagne
- Country changes to France
- France gains permanent claim on the regions of Gallia, Aquitania, and Occitania.
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector, leave the empire.
- Gain 25 Prestige.
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
Reestablish The Kingdom of JerusalemEdit
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Jerusalem does not exist
- Does not have the republic government type
- Is not the emperor of the HRE
- Any of the following:
- Year is at most 1650
- At Peace
- Owns Core Provinces: Jerusalem (379), Nablus (1854) and Gaza (364).
- If not Cyprus or The Knights
- If Cyprus or The Knights
- Sets capital to Jerusalem (379)
- Changes religion to Catholic.
- Changes government type to Feudal Monarchy
- Become Kingdom rank if nation was Duchy rank.
Jerusalem Ideas and TraditionsEdit
- +2% Missionary Strength
- +1 Tolerance of Heathens
- Crown of Thorns: +1 Yearly Legitimacy & +1 Yearly Prestige
- Latin Patriarch: +2 Yearly Papal Influence
- Land of the Heathen: +1 Missionary
- Crusader Aristocracy: +1 Land Leader Shock
- Crusader Castles: +25% Fort Defense
- Cosmopolitan Nobility: +2 Diplomatic Reputation
- +25% National Manpower Modifier