General Information Edit
The Maldives are a small chain of islands off the coast of India. Maldives is playable from the start of the game to January 1st, 1558 and January 1st 1573 to January 1st, 1654 and January 1st, 1798 to January 1st, 1887 and July 26th, 1965 to present.
Depending on the starting date, the Maldives can expand either by earlygame colonization, or by taking advantage of the opportunities offered by the ever divided realm of mainland India. Expansion in modern times, though, is extremely difficult, due to every viable expansion route taken by other, usually very powerful powers.
Form Hindustan (Dravidian)Edit
- Hindustan does not exist
- Is not Mughals
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a nomad nation
- Technology group is not Nomad Group
- Primary Culture is in the Dravidian Culture Group
- At peace
- Stability at least 3
- Religion is in the Muslim group
- Owns core provinces: Raichur Doab, Kochin, Madurai, Venad, Kongu, Tondainadu, Coromandel, Vijayanagar, Golconda, Velanadu, Bastar, Kalingandhra, Mysore, Malabar and Kotte
- Change country to Hindustan.
- Set government rank to Empire.
- Gain 10 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim on all not owned provinces of the Indian sub-continent
- If a member of the HRE and not an elector or the emperor, all owned provinces are removed from the HRE.
National Ideas and Traditions (2-1154) Edit
- -10% Stability Cost Modifier
- -10% Advisor Costs
- Preserve Our Troops: +2.5% Discipline
- Tax Reform: +5% National Tax Modifier
- Regulated Contracts: -10% Mercenary Cost
- Contract Law: +5% Global Trade Power
- Peasant Levy: +5% National Manpower Modifier
- Mercantile Status: +5% Trade Steering
- Strengthening Land Tenure: +5% Production Efficiency
- +10% National Tax Modifier
Indian Sultanate Ideas and Traditions (1154-present) Edit
- +10% Calvary Combat Ability
- +3 Tolerance of Heathens
- Tolerance the Idol Worship: +50% Religious Unity
- Court Persian: -1 National Unrest
- Comprehensive Land Survey: +10% National Tax Modifier
- Counting the People: +10% National Manpower Modifier
- Equality Under the Law: +10% Global Trade Power
- High Court Culture: +1 Yearly Prestige
- Sultanate Bureaucracy: -10% Stability Cost Modifier
- +10% Infantry Combat Ability