Nabataea is a Bedouin Despotic Monarchy located in the upper Arabian Peninsula. They are the only country in the game to have Nabataean as a national religion. Nabataean is considered a heresy of Hellenism, Zamolxism, and Druidist. Nabataea is playable from 2-220; in 106 Rome annexes the northern part of Nabataea (including the capital Naablus) thus causing the capital to move to Taima instead.
Begin improving relations with Rome in order to avoid a war with them. Begin fabricating your way southwards into the Arabian Peninsula. When Rome starts to collapse, consider attacking them (or Byzantium if they split) in order to secure the rich Aleppo and Alexandria trade nodes (and possibly even the Constantinople trade node if you chose to form Rashidun at around 640 AD due to massive buffs Rashidun receives).
- Primary culture is in the Arabic Culture Group
- Arabia does not exist
- Administrative Technology at Least 55
- Is not a colonial nation
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a nomad nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Province: Alexandria, Cairo, Aleppo, Jerusalem, Damascus, Medina, Mecca, Aden, Sanaa, Al-Aridand, Qatif, Muscat, Nizwa, and Baghdad
- Country changes to Arabia
- Gain25 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim on the Mashriq, Egypt and Arabia areas.
- Set government rank to Empire.
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
- If an HRE member and not an elector, all provinces are removed from the Empire.
Reform the ClergyEdit
- Religion is one of the following:
- Administrative Tech at least 15
- Administrative Power at least 100
- Own at least 10 provinces in the Christian religious group.
- Lose 100 Administrative Power
- Gain country modifier Reformed Clergy until the end of the game.
Nabataean Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +10% National Tax Modifier
- Flood Control: +1 Merchants
- Petra: +10% Fort Defense & +10% Trade Steering
- Dushara and al-'Uzzà: +1% Missionary Strength
- Painted Ceramics: +10% Trade Efficiency
- Large Reliance on Agriculture: +10% National Manpower Modifier
- Nabataean Alphabet: -5% Technology Cost
- Frankincense, Myrrh, and Spices: +15% Trade Power Abroad
- -20% Construction Cost