Nabataea is a Bedouin Despotic Monarchy located in the upper Arabian Peninsula. They are the only country in the game to have Nabataean as a national religion. Nabataean is considered a heresy of Hellenism, Zamolxism, and Druidist. Nabataea is playable from 2-220; in 106 Rome annexes the northern part of Nabataea (including the capital Petra) thus causing the capital to move to Hegra instead.
Begin improving relations with Rome in order to avoid a war with them. Begin fabricating your way southwards into the Arabian Peninsula. When Rome starts to collapse, consider attacking them (or the Byzantium if they split) in order to secure the rich Aleppo trade node.
- Primary culture is in the Arabic Culture Group
- Arabia does not exist
- Administrative Technology at Least 55
- Is Not a Subject Nation
- Is Not a Nomad Nation
- Is Not a Colonial Nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Province: Alexandria, Cairo, Aleppo, Jerusalem, Damascus, Medina, Mecca, Aden, Sanaa, Al-Aridand, Qatif, Muscat, Nizwa, and Baghdad
- Country changes to Arabia
- Gain25 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim on the Mashriq, Egypt and Arabia areas.
- Set government rank to Empire
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
- If a member of the HRE and not an elector or the emperor, all own provinces are removed from the HRE.
Nabataean Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +10.0% National Tax Modifier
- Flood Control: +1 Merchants
- Petra: +10% Fort Defense & +10% Trade Steering
- Dushara and al-'Uzzà: +1.0% Missionary Strength
- Painted Ceramics: +10.0% Trade Efficiency
- Large Reliance on Agriculture: +10.0% National Manpower Modifier
- Nabataean Alphabet: -5% Technology Cost
- Frankincense, Myrrh, and Spices: +15.0% Trade Power Abroad
- -20.0% Construction Cost