General Information Edit
Normandy is a French duchy (later epic conqueror) that is playable from January 1st, 911 to December 25th, 1066. Normandy doesn't necessarily get annexed by a foreign country, because after William the Conqueror's successful triumph at the Battle of Hastings, he became William I the King of England. All of William's continental territory also became apart of his newly established kingdom. With the Norman conquest of England also came the Frenchification of the country. The Norman culture merged with the Anglo-Saxon culture and created the English culture that we know today.
- Primary Culture is:
- In the French Culture Group or
- Is Basque or
- Is Breton
- Is not:
- France does not exist
- Administrative Technology of at least 32
- Is not a nomad nation
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a colonial nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Provinces: Maine (177), Berry (179), Vermandois (182), Paris (183), Orleanais (184), Nemours (185), Champagne (186)
- Country changes to France
- Gain French Ideas and Traditions
- Gain permanent claim on the regions of Gallia, Aquitania, and Occitania.
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor, leave the empire.
- Gain 25 Prestige.
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
French Ducal Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -10% Fort Maintenance Modifier
- -10% Cavalry Cost
- Men of Trade: +10% Domestic Trade Power
- Renaissance Palaces: -1% Prestige Decay
- Qui Ruit Et Lethum: +10% Infantry Combat Ability
- Religious Conviction: +2 Tolerance of the True Faith
- French Cuisine: +1 Yearly Prestige
- French Enlightenment: +1 Diplomatic Relations
- La Petite Nation: +20% Morale of Armies
- +10% National Tax Modifier