Orange Free State, also known as Orange or Oranje, is a Dutch (Boer) country located in South Africa. Orange is playable from February 17 1854 to May 31 1902. On May 31 1902, Orange is annexed by Great Britain.
American Civil WarEdit
From day 1, immediately start fabricating on Lesotho. They are weak and will have weak allies, they make for an easy annexation. When it comes to dealing with South Africa, you have to hope they attack some of the African states in Zimbabwe instead of attacking you. That way they will be distracted and you can catch South Africa off guard. Take as much land as you can, the only countries this will annoy are nearby African ones and Portugal.
- This country:
- Primary Culture is Dutch or
- Primary Culture is Flemish or
- Is Burgundy
- Is not:
- Netherlands does not exist
- Administrative Technology is at least 55
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a nomad nation
- At peace
- Owns core provinces: Breda (95), Zeeland (96), Holland (97), Utrecht (98), Gelre (99), Friesland (100)
- Country changes to Netherlands
- If Burgundy, then:
- Set government rank to Kingdom, if not higher tier
- If an HRE member and not an elector or emperor, all provinces are removed from the Empire.
- Gain gain a permanent claim on the Low Countries and Picardy regions.
- Gain 25 prestige.
- Trigger country event "New Traditions & Ambitions" unless using custom ideas
Afrikaner Ideas and TraditionsEdit
- +10% Morale of Armies
- +5% Discipline
- Apartheid: -10% Culture Conversion Cost & -1 National Unrest
- The Great Trek: +2 Land Leader Maneuver
- Afrikaner Calvinism: +2% Missionary Strength
- Boer Republicanism: +0.5 Yearly Republican Tradition
- Skilled Gunmen: +1 Land Leader Fire
- Boer Guerilla Fighters: +1 Attrition for Enemies
- Mineral Revolution: +10% Trade Efficiency
- -10% Land Attrition