Orthodoxy ingame refers to forms of Christianity post-schism that was followed by most of the christian realms of Eastern Europe up until today. Orthodoxy refers to the hierarchy and practices of the Eastern Orthodox Church. Orthodoxy was formed from Chalcedonism after the Great Schism created a division resulting in Catholicism in the west, Orthodoxy in the east.
See also: The Great Schism
- -10.0% Stability Cost Modifier
- +1.00 Tolerance of The True Faith
- -1.0% Local Missionary Strength
Orthodoxy is in the christian group, and all other religions in the christian group post-schism are considered heretics, i.e. Protestant, Reformed, and Catholicism. Every other religion will be considered heathens.
Orthodox religions have a patriarch authority slider. If at 0%, it will give nothing. Increasing it gives scaling bonuses listed below.
Maximum Patriarch Authority:
- +2.0% Missionary Strength
- -3.00 Local Unrest
- +33.0% Local Manpower Modifier
Convert to Orthodox Edit
- Stability at Least 1
- Is at Peace
- Any Core Province is Orthodox
- Religion Changed to Orthodox
- Lose 4 Stability
- [Country] gets Resent Conversion for 5 years giving the following effects:
- +2.00 National unrest
- +20.0% Stability Cost Modifier