The Philippines were colonized by Spain in 1570. The Islands of the Philippines get Philippines cores on the provinces on January 1st, 1872 to signify the Philippines’ revolution against Spain the United States intervened in. Instead of the Philippines becoming independent, control over the islands shifts hands from Spain to the United States August 12th, 1898. In 1942 Japan occupies the islands in WWII, but the United States regains control in 1945. The Philippines finally get their independence and become a playable country from July 4th, 1946 to the preset day.
- Primary culture is in the Malay culture group.
- Malaya does not exist
- Owns Core Provinces: Banten (624), Pakuan (2687), Demak (629), Kalapa (630)
- Owns all provinces in two out of the following groups of areas:
- Malay area,
- Kalimantan, Brunei and Kutai areas,
- North, Central and South Sumatra areas.
- Technology group is not Nomad Group
- Is not a colonial nation
- Is not a nomad nation
- Is not a subject nation
- At Peace
- Country changes to Malaya
- Set government rank to Kingdom if was a Duchy.
- Gain 25 Prestige
- Gain permanent claims on all provinces in Malay, Kalimantan, Brunei, Kutai, North Sumatra, Central Sumatra and South Sumatra areas.
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
Philippine Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -10% Land Attrition
- -10% Ship Costs
- Port of Maynila: +10% Trade Efficiency
- Split Heritage: +1 Max Promoted Cultures
- Filipino Hospitality: +40% Improve Relations
- Filibustering: -5 Years of Separatism
- The Rice Terraces: -10% Development Cost
- Lone Catholic: +2 Tolerance of the True Faith
- End of the Struggle: +0.5% Yearly Army Tradition, +2.5% Discipline
- +20% National Sailors Modifier