General Information Edit
Sao Tome and Principe is an island nation off the south coast of West Africa, and is playable from July 12th, 1975 to the present day. Before Sao Tome and Principe (like Cape Verde) gained its independence from Portugal, it served as a port for European explorers sailing around Africa, as well as for European sailors, settlers, and merchants on their way to Angola, Brazil, South Africa, Asia, etc.
Form Spanish Nation Militarily Edit
- Primary culture is in the Iberian Culture Group or
- Primary culture is Basque
- Is not:
- Spain does not exist
- Has an Administrative Technology of at least 10.
- Is not in the Muslim religion group.
- Is not a colonial nation
- Is not a subject nation
- Is not a steppe nomad
- An Islamic nation does not own a province in Iberia
- Owns core provinces: Barcelona (213), Zaragoza (214), Castilla La Vieja (215), Salamanca (216), Sevilla (224), Toledo (219), València (220), Granada (223).
- Country changes to Spain
- (If owned) Madrid becomes the new capital.
- Gain a permanent claim on all non owned provinces of Iberia, except the areas of: Alentejo, Beiras, Macaronesia.
- Set government rank to Kingdom if Duchy.
- If an HRE member and not an elector, leave the empire.
- Gain25 Prestige
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
National Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -10% Stability Cost Modifier
- -10% Advisor Costs
- Preserve Our Troops: +2.5% Discipline
- Tax Reform: +5% National Tax Modifier
- Regulated Contracts: -10% Mercenary Cost
- Contract Law: +5% Global Trade Power
- Peasant Levy: +5% National Manpower Modifier
- Mercantile Status: +5% Trade Steering
- Strengthening Land Tenure: +5% Production Efficiency
- +10% National Tax Modifier