Shinto is the indigenous religion of Japan and the people of Japan. It is defined as an action-centered religion, focused on ritual practices to be carried out diligently, to establish a connection between present-day Japan and its ancient past. Japan and her daimyos are the only Shinto countries in the game. Interestingly, Japan does not start as Shinto. Shinto becomes a religion in 712 ingame.
- +10.0% Morale of Armies
- -1.00 Tolerance of Heathens
- -1.0% Local Missionary Strength
Shinto does not possesses personal deities.
Convert to Shintoism Edit
- Stability at Least 1
- Religion Changed to Shintoism
- Lose 4 Stability
- [Country] gets Recent Conversion for 5 years giving the following effects:
- +2.00 National unrest
- +20.0% Stability Cost Modifier