South Yemen is playable from November 30, 1967, to May 21, 1994, where South Yemen is annexed by Yemen.
- Primary culture is in the Arabic Culture Group
- Arabia does not exist
- Administrative Technology at Least 55
- Is Not a Subject Nation
- Is Not a Nomad Nation
- Is Not a Colonial Nation
- At Peace
- Owns Core Province: Alexandria, Cairo, Aleppo, Jerusalem, Damascus, Medina, Mecca, Aden, Sanaa, Al-Aridand, Qatif, Muscat, Nizwa, and Baghdad
- Country changes to Arabia
- Gain25 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim on the Mashriq, Egypt and Arabia areas.
- Set government rank to Empire.
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
- If a member of the HRE and not an elector or the emperor, all own provinces are removed from the HRE.
Yemeni Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -10% Cavalry Cost
- -15% Land Attrition
- Sheba: +10% Trade Efficiency
- Tradition of Islam: +5% Discipline
- Yumn: +15% National Manpower Modifier
- Crossroad of Cultures: +10% National Tax Modifier
- Ma'arib Dam: -25% Build Cost
- Ancient Yemeni Alphabet: +2 Diplomatic Relations
- Many Islands: -10% Ship Building Time & -10% Ship Cost
- +10% Global Trade Power