Sri Lanka is an island very close to India and shares cultural ties with East India. The island was owned by various European nations between 1541 and 1815. On May 22nd, 1972 Ceylon reformed into Sri Lanka and gained its independence, thus becoming a playable nation from then till the present day.
Annexing Maldives is an easy start for Sri Lanka. After that, the weaker states located on the Arabian Peninsula can earn you a lot of money if you can manage to secure their oil fields.
National Ideas and Traditions Edit
- -10% Stability Cost Modifier
- -10% Advisor Costs
- Preserve Our Troops: +2.5% Discipline
- Tax Reform: +5% National Tax Modifier
- Regulated Contracts: -10% Mercenary Cost
- Contract Law: +5% Global Trade Power
- Peasant Levy: +5% National Manpower Modifier
- Mercantile Status: +5% Trade Steering
- Strengthening Land Tenure: +5% Production Efficiency
- +10% National Tax Modifier