General Information Edit
World War 2 has just ended in Europe. With the Allied occupation of the west and the Soviet occupation of the east; Germany is left in utter ruins. The Germans, a people that for so long wanted to be united have now become a house divided: West Germany and East Germany. Historically, at the end of the Cold War Germany had finally been reunited under democratic rule. West Germany is playable from May 8th 1945 (The Cold War start date) to October 3rd 1990 (The Fall of the Soviet Union).
Cold War StrategyEdit
The obvious goal of this game is reunify Germany under your rule, and to push the Iron Curtain and Bolshevism back to the gulag it came from. You can start as West Germany immediately at the beginning of the Cold War, but if you wish to have an easier start you can 1958 when West Germany joined the European Union.
There are quite a few options regarding allies as West Germany. Allying with Great Britain would be an excellent ally because they still hold onto their colonies (especially India) which gives the British a significant amount of manpower. You could also ally your former Fascist friends Italy and Spain, and possibly even Yugoslavia. Even though Yugoslavia is a Socialist country, it is the only nation in history to have resisted Joseph Stalin's aggressive occupation of Eastern Europe, and thus resisted being forced into becoming another Soviet satellite state. If Yugoslavia is willing to become an ally, then you will have powerful Balkan ally willing to fight the Communists. The Soviets and their satellite states can and will put up a fight if either side escalates the Cold War into a hot war; so you need to make sure you can counter the Eastern Bloc with allies of your own.
Dealing with the Soviet Union and East GermanyEdit
China and the USSR, despite both being Communist, will often become enemies as the game progresses. Historically speaking this event did actually happen was called the "Sino-Soviet split" and if a Sino-Soviet War happens that would be the perfect time to strike the Eastern Bloc. The USSR will be forced to fight on multiple fronts and can be overwhelmed if they begin to lose to both your European alliance and China's alliance. A Soviet defeat on both sides will cripple them permanently throughout the game, and they won't be able to gain the strength they once had before. At this point you should be able to reunite Germany if you annexed East Germany. You are now Germany, free from the Iron Curtain, and now you can then finally, and firmly, stand in Berlin, and tear down that wall!
- Primary culture is in the Germanic Culture Group except:
- Dutch, Flemish, Anglo-Saxon, and Austrian
- Is not:
- Germany does not exist
- Administrative Technology at Least 15
- Is Not a Subject Nation
- Is Not a Nomad Nation
- Is Not the Holy Roman Emperor
- At Peace
- Owns Core Province: Mecklenburg, Brandenburg, Altmark, Lüneburg, Brunswick, Anhalt, Saxony, Leipzig, Thüringen, Nürnberg and Alsace or Ostpreussen
- Country changes to Germany
- Gain25 Prestige
- Gain a permanent claim on the German Region
- Set government rank to Empire
- Gain country modifier Increased Centralization for 20 years:
German Ideas and Traditions Edit
- +10% Infantry Combat Ability
- −25% Mercenary Maintenance
- Zunft: +10% Production Efficiency
- Fruhlings und Herbstmesse: +10.0% Domestic Trade Power, +5.0% National Trade Income Modifier
- Reichskreis: +1.00 Diplomatic Reputation
- Polizeiordnung: -1.00 National Unrest
- Cuius Regio, Eius Religio: +1.0% Missionary Strength
- Thurn und Taxis: +1 Diplomatic Reputation
- Residenzstadt: +1.00 Yearly Prestige
- -5.0% Tech Cost